On forum: 10/27/2010
Shadow of Chernobyl Complete - Rebalance Mod|
This is a rebalance mod that is based on the "Complete 2009 1.4.4."-mod for
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl. Install the Complete-mod before copying the
included files on top of it.
- "creatures", "misc", "weapons" and "text" belong in "gamedata/config".
- "sounds/weapons" belongs in "gamedata/sounds/weapons".
All testing has been done on Veteran-difficulty, so that is the recommended way to play
this particular version of the game. However, keep in mind that this doesn't necessarily
reflect the actual difficulty since many aspects of the game have been changed during
the creation of the mod.
This mod is for people who have played fairly standard versions of Shadow of Chernobyl
and simply want to put a bit of a spin on their experience.
What this mod does:
The main intention was to make weapons more unique and satisfying to use, as well
as making the game more difficult in some areas.
- It rebalances most weapons and their unique versions.
- It changes many of the weapon sounds.
- It changes some of the descriptions.
- It rebalances the artifacts.
- It reduces the effectiveness of medical items.
- It changes the prices.
- It changes the contents of stashes, partially because of balance changes.
- It changes the actor.ltx in a number of ways
+ Immunities on Veteran now the same as on Master
+ Reduced movement speed
+ Bleeding and Radiation take a long time to stop on their own
- It changes some aspects of the AI
+ Pseudodogs and Bloodsuckers more dangerous
+ Better visual range for some Stalkers
+ Stalkers defend themselves more proactively
+ AI shots much more accurate at long ranges
- Repair kits have been removed, Traders can still repair.
A few recommendations and warnings:
- Alcohol takes a long time to go away. If you really need to use it, perhaps sleep
- Bleeding is more of a concern, so bandages will be quite valuable early on.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. Please post any questions you have in this thread for the time being.
Not quite sure how that works. If discussions are supposed to have their separate threads over in "Mod discussion" please just tell me so that I can make one. But until then...
Used to SmellofNapalmintheMorning.
Also likes to bathe in Fruit Punch and to get savaged by Bloodsuckers.