|Priboi Story Overhaul 2020
| 15:42:46 11 June 2020
100RadsBar - Formerly known as LoboTheMan
On forum: 06/03/2009
Message edited by:
Priboi Story Overhaul 2020|
NB: Please post question in the Mod Discussion thread
Years ago i asked dezodor from Team Dez0vawe for permission to give Priboi Story an overhaul. That was in 2010, the 27th of November to be precise.
It started with enabling the tasks that were disabled from the Vanilla game.
It escalated up until version 3.2.5 was released in september of 2012 (if I remember correctly).
Taking a break from modding, I made some attempts to get into making the final version the next couple of years, until I took quite a long break.
In 2015, I made a few more attempts to start up again, but other things came in the way.
Fast forward to 2019, when I got my second wind for modding, and started finalizing this version, which I decided to name Priboi Story Overhaul 2020. This will be the final version.
Special thanks go to NatVac, for his immense help in getting this done, and helping me out of the tight spots, and for letting med use some of his stuff from ZRP.
Also I wish to thank kdragon for his feedback, and testing of the new version.
This overhaul is based on Priboi Story with the latest patch (version 1.1.3).
-->>-->> SHOC needs to be patched to version 1.0005. (1.0006 Should work also).
2: NB: If you already have a gamedata folder in the SHOC installation folder, either delete it, or rename it
to gamedata_old (or similar), in case you wish to keep the other mod/priboi story contained in the Gamedata folder.
3: Unzip to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl installation folder. NB: Use 7zip: www.7zip.org
4: Edit fsgame.ltx as usual with mods ($game_data$ = true|true|)
5: Start a new game.
NB: If you previously have been using mods that change some of the files in the bin folder, or other game folders. I would recommend a new installation of the game before starting this mod.
What has been done:
1: A lot, probably more than is listed below, some small changes/tweaks have not been documented, and since there has been a big time gap from inception to release, I can't remember hem all .
The game takes place after Call Of Pripyat. The text, in the PDA, etc. has been modified to reflect this.
New gun models for some of the guns:
- Bizon SMG
- Nato weapons are more scarce.
- SR-3 "Vikhr" removed (after using new model for AS-VAL, the game crashes when spawning the SR-3 "Vikhr" Will be added if someone can fix it )
- Increased timer for X-Virus. Since the timer has a tendency to run very fast on modern PC's.
- Chaged icon in inventory when not wearing armor to default (sweater, & pants).
- Healing Bandits, Mercenaries, and Freedom members now possible (They will change faction to stalker/loners, and become friendly).
- Changed repair dialog. (Petrenko has his own dialogue for reapiring weapons).
- NPC's are a bit more resistant to attacks from mutants physical attacks.
- Added some more dialogs when talking to NPC's.
- Changed the icon of Lt. Priboi in the dialog screen, and in 3rd person view (when not wearing armor).
- Updated the encyclopedia, with new info.
- Fixed the Hand Radio icon in the PDA/Encyclopedia
- Treasure manager edited, removed conditions related to SHOC. (All stashes should be available now).
- Reduced carry weight, max walk weight, and limited the number of items in the belt to 5 items.
- Reduced walk speed and running speed, you should still be able to just stay ahead of most mutants, provided you have the stamina .
- Tweaked weapons damage. My aim is to make the weapons more real (bullet speed, damage inflicted, range of the bullet, bullet impact, etc.).
This will make the game harder, so keep your head down in combat, but also reduces the amount of ammo you need to carry.
- Tweaked impact, piercing, and impulse on the ammo, so hopefully it is closer to real-life
- Tweaked Shotgun effective range
- Added more music to Duty radio, and Bar radio (this music also plays at the Army Outpost, and at the Agroprom Institute where the Mercs are).
- Revising trader inventory, and availability (traders having less ammo, and weapons in inventory) also prices have gone up.
- AP Ammo is more scarce, will be given as part of the reward for tasks, or found. Some traders might have it on occasion.
- Traders give much less money for stuff, and they do not buy all items.
- Freedom, and Monolith are neutral to each other
- Fixed the "detector-buy-cheap-and-sell-for-loads-of-money" "bug" at Sakharovs place. (Sorry guys, no easy money anymore).
- Dividing some of Sidorovich & Freedom tasks to NPC's.
(changed the text so it will fit better to the NPC giving the task))
- Many NPC tasks are repeatable (varied the time for different tasks)
- Changed values in the weapons so that (hopefully) NPCs will favor Assault rifles over Sawn-off shotguns,
and double-barreled shotguns (BM16 Full and TOZ-34).
- BM16 sawn-off, and TOZ34 sawn-off shotguns, can be equipped in the pistol slot. Icons were resized to fit into the pistol slot.
- Economy is harder: NPC's have less money, NPC's will not buy everything.
- Hunter's find the family rifle task has been changed. You will nedd to find 1 additional item, apart from the rifle.
- New weapon added, the weapon can't be bought at the traders, it is located in a stash, new scope for the new weapon
- New sound for Unique Silenced AKS74U.
- Added new sound to the L85, FN2000, and AK-103, when using a silencer.
- Fixed Silencer position on the SIG-550
- FN2000 can now use a silencer.
- Fixed reload sound SR3 Vikhr.
- Tweaked Scope & Grenade Launcher position on some of the guns.
- Tweaked Dolg SEVA Suit & SEVA Suit values.
- Gave Colonel Skull a new name. (Col. Skull is most likely killed when Marked One did his thing in 2012)
- Unique SVD added to a stash.
- Changed the weight of artifacts, artifacs do not all weigh 0.5 kg anymore, a few artifacts have their attributes changed a little.
- Reduced Zone respawn/population, NPC's respawn slower (Respawn Population Management 1.0 By NatVac).
- Added some new names to NPC's (from Roadside Picnic).
- New trader in Cordon, a familiar face returns to Cordon .
- Sky4CE SkyGRAPHICS Mod v2.0 RC4.1 added (Motion Blur is disabled).
- Antirad has side effects (reduces health, and stamina when used).
- Priboi Electra artifact added to a stash.
- Workaround for reputation bug.
- Added EggChen's Particle Enhancement
- Added additional shelters from Blowouts (1 in Red Forest, and 3 at the CNPP.
- Changed the weapon in Hunter's task from bm16, to Scoped Mosin Nagant.
- Moved some Corpses around (Boar Lair, and the farm in Cordon), and removed the corpse that spawned the extra trader in the rookie village.
- New Artifact activation.
- Anomalies are more dangerous.
- Removed some Bar Music, added some new.
- Removed background sounds from Yantar (Helicopter that is not present).
- Removed Helicopters from Pripyat.
- Removed background battle sounds from CNPP level.
- Added new level changers, some levelchangers appear after certain tasks (Again many thank to NatVac ).
- Fixed zoom for weapons.
- Removed Minimap, you will still get an audio beep when people are near.
- Food does not re-generate health.
- Dialogues have been tweaked, and hopefully all have been fixed.
- Various fixes and tweaks (It has been some years, and I can't remember them all anymore ).
- Fixed/changed text, and icons on the new vodka types.
- Less frequent
- Deadly Psycic damage (So get into cover).
- Removed Timer.
- Spawns phantoms during blowout.
- Tweaked the amount of mutants spawned after blowout.
- Reduced artifacts spawned after blowout.
- I have included the Read-me's from Priboi Story, SMP2.4, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete2009, etc., just in case i forget to credit some people
(sorry in advance ).
- Team Dez0vawe (for making Priboi Story) & Dez0dor for letting a modding newbie like me taking a crack at giving Priboi Story an overhaul.
- GSC for making an excellent game.
- Wolfehunter, boinkmakr, Darius6, and the team behind SMP 2.4, for letting me use the Gun models, and Gun-sounds from SMP2.4.
- The makers of Arsenal Mod (Gun models).
- The makers, and contributers of OWR for SOC
- ArtistPavel for:
John Murphy, “In The House - In a Heartbeat” (edited) - from the “28 Days Later” movie soundtrack
Blue States, “Season Song” (edited) - from the “28 Days Later” movie soundtrack
Idina Menzel, “A Hero Comes Home” (edited) - from the “Beowulf” movie soundtrack
Би-2, “Мой Рок-Н-Ролл” (edited) - from the album “Нечётный Воин”
Би-2, “Зажигать” (edited) from the album “Мяу кисс ми”
Линда, “Северный ветер” (edited) - from the album “Ворона”
Линда, “Взгляд изнутри” (edited) - from the album “Плацента”
Линда, “Отпусти меня” (edited) - - from the album “Плацента”
Иван Купала, “Росы” (edited) from the album “Радио Награ”
Firelake, “Dirge For The Planet” (edited) - from the album “The Temptation Journey”
Света feat. MILLI, “Другая” (edited) - from single release
Total, “Бьет по глазам” (edited) from the album “TOTAL: 1”
All sound editing done by ArtistPavel, taken from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete2009 Ver. 1.4.4
- Rammstein: Biest, and Schtiel
- http://sdk.stalker-game.com/en/index.php?title=S.T.A.L.K.E.R._MOD_portal : Thanks to all who wrote articles & tips on how to mod S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
- The people on the GSC Forum, who were kind to answer all my questions
- King Friday for new weapon. (unique MP5SD)
- NatVac for his help with some of the tricky stuff
- NatVac for his Respawn Population Management 1.0 (http://www.metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/)
- Romulus for his help with HEX editing the all.spawn, and other stuff
- insanelazarez for his help with the Cordon trader.
- Sky4CE: HLSL coding, textures, etc: xStream (Testing), HelviS (Testing), CAXAPOB (Testing), Argus (Testing), jjwalker
(Float32 devrloper - www.thefloatingpoint.org)
- Kane4: Adding the unique SVD to a stash in X18
- the marked one, on GSC Forum for: Workaround for reputation bug.
- EggChen (Particle Enhancement)
- Meltacs Shaders
- Insanelazares: Duty on bridge new dialogue insanelazares
- Coldsnake: New version of Artifact activation
- Bamah: Fix for new artifact activation
- If I have missed someone, I am sorry, but please let me know, and I rectify that. Mail me at 100radsbar(at)gmail.com.
Q: I get a CTD with the error "193 Invalid vertex for object", when starting a new game
A: The game is trying to spawn something in a bad place/location, and crashing the game. Start the game again, and choose start New Game.
Freedom is neutral to stalkers, if you want to restore the original gamerelations, go to:
- delete the game_relations.ltx
- rename the game_relations.original, to gamerelations.ltx
Q: The Zone is to sparsely populated, I wan't more people to shoot at!
A: NatVac's Respawn Population Management 1.0 was used to minimize respawning, do the following to tweak, or restore Priboi normal respawn:
- Edit the se_respawn.script to respawn npc's quicker.
- Delete the se_respawn.script in: \gamedata\scripts\ and rename the se_respawn.original to se_respawn.script
This will restore the original respawn rate.
Q: My PC can't run with Sky4CE 2.0 RC 4.1
A: Delete the shaders folder in the gamedata folder.
Q: Sky4CE 2.0 RC 4.1 messes up shadows and/or graphics.
A: Set the game to full dynamic lightning, I have experienced that using static lightning messes up the graphics with Sky4CE 2.0 RC 4.1 installed.
If you can not run Full Dynamic Lightning on your PC, delete the shaders folder.
Q: Timer for the X-Virus is running insanely fast.
A: Limit FPS to 30 FPS then this should do the trick, the time limit was increased giving you more time in X18 to find the antidote.
Q: How to enable 3rd person view in the game?
A: Open user.ltx (C:\Users\Public\Documents\STALKER-SHOC), and add the following:
bind cam_1 kF1
bind cam_2 kF2
bind cam_3 kF3
Priboi Story Overhaul 2020 Download link:
My System Specs:
HP Z420 Workstation
CPU: Intel Xeon CPU E5/1620 0 (@3.60Ghz.
RAM: 32 GB DDR3 ECC (1600Mhz)
Graphic: R9-580x (8GB)
OS: Windows 10 Professional 64bit
Monitor: AOC Q3279VWF (32" @2560x1440)
| 04:53:10 12 July 2020
On forum: 07/12/2020
New Version & Update available
Main mod has been updated.
Full version & Update can be downloaded from: https://semak.dk/
The update fixes/changes/adds the following:
- Removed some Permacorpses from the different levels
- F2000 & G36 zoom increase.
- Streloks AK was changed in ui_equipment to look like the 3D model
- AK103 shot sound changed to the same as the AK47
- Fixed campfire in Army Ware House level Stalker house + Merc house
- Fixed Stash in Red Forest/Radar level
- Fixed weapons damage when using silencer.
- Level Changer from Radar/Red Forest to Army WareHouse was fixed. Lt. Priboi now enters the level a bit further away from the Freedom camp.
- New "secret" Level Changer. Not visible on any maps, provides a shortcut to Radar/Red Forest.
- Fixed Bandit weapons Garbage + Dark Valley they have better weapons now.
- Fixed Darius6 NPC model in the Garbage Level (The old model was causing an CTD).
- Grenade Launcher on AK74 & Abakan can use all grenades.
- Tweaked Blowout. Game checks every 8 hours if the conditions are right for a Blowout.
- Fixed campfire at the Army Outpost. (Sometimes the Colonel would get stuck in the fire).
- Fixed couple of Bar radio files to work in SOC.
- Level Changer Pripyat to Radar was moved a bit.
- Level Changer from Pripyat to CNPP was moved a bit.
- Sprint with PKM now possible.
Is it possible to get an alternate link (Not https://semak.dk/), since this constantly leads to the download being timed-out.
Congratulations on finally releasing PSO!
| 17:23:39 19 September 2020
On forum: 11/11/2014
Are there new quests?|
1 | All Messages
| » » |
All short dates are in Month-Day-Year format.